There is a spate lately of Challenges in Facebook “How many…… of these films have you seen? of these countries have you visited? etc etc.
So this is a special “How many of these things have you done?” I have done all of them, though they might not be anything to be proud of!
Have you ever….
- failed your driving test twice
- crashed a car at the age of 4 years old
- been hit in the goolies at cricket when you haven’t been wearing a box
- stuck a garden fork through your foot
- landed head first after bouncing off a springboard in the school gym
- realised you’ve forgotten your passport when you’re at the airport
- played bridge continuously for 24 hours
- played darts continuously for 24 hours (that was for charity)
- collapsed in the street while out running (turned my ankle on the kerb edge and injured my Achilles – not able to run for 4 weeks)
- got a nose bleed from being head butted while doing the hokey cokey at a party
- got sunburnt in December
- been in a boat that sank in a river with crocodiles
- worn your son’s pyjama shorts to work thinking they were your underpants
- forgotten to pack any footwear and so had to wear your wedding shoes for the entire time on your honeymoon
- wished you’d never embarked on an impossible physical task (e.g. walking a thousand miles)
Just kidding on the last one. Preparations continue – I’ve at least arranged / agreed transport back from John O’Groats and have some very committed family and friends who are really going to help. Blimey, I’m going to need all the support I can get. At least work appears to be sorting itself out with responsibilities being arranged and knowledge transfer. My worry is that, while I’m away, those people will do a better job than I would have and I will be exposed as a fraud!